Alcohol-related charges in Wisconsin

Alcohol-related allegations are among the things that can result in individuals here in Wisconsin having charges brought against them.

The charge type that might be on the top of most people’s minds when it comes to alcohol-related charges in the state are OWI charges for allegations of drunk driving. As we noted in a prior post, the exact severity of such charges depends on the specifics of the drunk driving accusations brought against a person.

OWI charges though certainly aren’t the only type of charge that can be leveled here in Wisconsin in relation to alcohol.

For one, there are certain spaces that state law puts special rules on when it comes to alcohol. For example, there are certain circumstances in which drinking on a bus, airplane or train could lead to a person facing a charge of drinking in common carriers. This is a Class C misdemeanor charge.

Also, a person could face charges in relation to conduct they allegedly engaged in while or after drinking. For example, if a person is accused of having gotten into a physical fight at a bar or other establishment while they were intoxicated, there is a possibility they could end up being charged with a violent crime. Also, allegations of having acted in an indecent, overly loud, abusive, violent or disruptive manner while drinking could lead to a person having a disorderly conduct charge leveled against them. Disorderly conduct is a Class B misdemeanor.

As this discussion shows, there are a wide range of state charges alcohol-related accusations could potentially lead to. Different alcohol-related charges have different levels of severity and different sorts of issues that are likely to be the primary ones in cases involving them. So, when facing an alcohol-related charge, it can be vital for a suspect’s defense strategies to be well-suited for unique aspects of the particular charge they are facing.

Your attorney's experience can make all the difference when your future is on the line. Learn how attorney Jeffrey Kippa can help you move forward.

Call 920-733-1100