Alternatives to Incarceration Are Still No Bargain

You are able to serve your prison sentence outside of jail if a circuit court judge places you on probation, parole or extended supervision. This is an outcome that is highly preferable to incarceration. However, in the cases of probation, parole or extended supervision, there are numerous guidelines you must adhere to. The State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections outlines these guidelines. Depending on the details of your case, they may include:

  • Getting approval and a travel permit from your agent if you wish to leave the state
  • Getting approval from your agent if you wish to change your address or employment
  • Getting written approval from your agent if you are “purchasing, trading, selling or operating a motor vehicle.”

View the list of guidelines in its entirety here.

In order to avoid these consequences that may come with a conviction, contact J. Kippa Law Office LLC. We will fervently fight for your freedom, and the outcome you hope for.

Your attorney's experience can make all the difference when your future is on the line. Learn how attorney Jeffrey Kippa can help you move forward.

Call 920-733-1100